storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

19 November 2011

Christmas progress -- slowly but surely

Hi all -

Quick post today. First, a card using this week's CPS sketch:

When I'm stuck, design-wise, I love finding a sketch and just going with it. That's the case right now with me and Christmas cards -- I have plenty to make, but not a ton of inspiration (yet). So, here's what I did with the sketch:


Simple and faithful to the original. I used some Simple Stories 6x6 paper (from their 25 Days of Christmas collection) -- it's a prettier, warmer olive irl, but it's awfully grey around here, so the colors aren't the best.  The sentiment is from SU, and the two narrow panels behind it are embossed with some cheery snowflakes. Some white ink around the edges, and I can cross one card off my to-make list.

Before I go, I've added some pages to my Big Fun Christmas Project journal:


I took some of my favorite pages from the Little Golden Book I used as the cover and stitched them onto some kraft cs pages (first I folded up the bottoms and stitched them into pockets). I love how colorful the vintage images are!

That's about it for now -- back to your regularly scheduled Saturday. :)


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What an elegant Christmas card, Ang -- you're off to a fine start! And hey, you still have just over a month to go till Christmas! Sorry if I just induced a bit of panic into your life. :D

Meg said...

Gorgeous card, Ang! I love that embossing folder you used and that sentiment makes me want to place an SU order!

Yeah for Little Golden Books! I actually have the Little Poky Puppy ornament that came with a little Little Golden book. :)

Liz Michaud said...

Love your card. So simple yet beautiful! The pages for your album are so cute - love the vintage images :)

Emily Leiphart said...

The card is very elegant and I love those pages! You make making albums look too easy. ;D